I actually found Edelweiss back in September of 2013 (or so my records show) At first I thought it was a restaurant. (Don’t ask) I soon found out it was an awesome place where book reviewers, librarians, and other people in the field of loving books could go and request DRC (digital review copies) of books before they are published. It’s a pretty addicting site, and I get caught up in requesting books.
-sighs- Sometimes you get get approved and sometimes you don’t I’m not really sure there is a process for getting approved.
If you are a book lover (which I’m assuming you are if you found my site) then you need to check it out if you haven’t already.
What is Edelweiss?
(Taken from the site)
- an online, interactive, cross-publisher catalog service that supplements or replaces traditional hard-copy publisher catalogs
- a customer relationship management service that allows reps, publicists or other authorized persons in a publishing house to…
- manage their own contact lists
- create their own catalogs targeted to specific audiences
- share catalogs and title information by email, the web or printable pdfs
- take requests from accounts and key contacts
- a system for publishers to take requests or proactively share secure, DRM-protected Digital Review Copies
- an interactive research tool for librarians, bloggers, reviewers, rights acquirers to find titles either by catalog or any number of filters
- a platform for a social network amongst industry professionals, around shared reviews and anticipated titles
Publishers they work with.